How NeoWarm Works
Based on air-activated heating technology (patents pending) of Parisodhana Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (Hyderabad, Telangana, India), NeoWarm® is ready for use in less than 15 minutes simply upon exposure to air. Once activated, the newborn child can be supported by NeoWarm® without the use of any electricity, hot water or expensive equipment for up to 8 hours. After use, heating element made with all non-toxic, eco-friendly ingredients, can be safely disposed of with solid waste. Globally, NeoWarm® is first of its kind that is truly instant and does not require any activation using electricity or hot water and the product does not require any skilled health worker.
Lives Lost Due to Hypothermia
- 2018 UNICEF records indicate “23 new born children die per 1000 live births” that are recorded in India.
- Prematurity and Low birth weight are two critical aspects leading to mortality.
- As high as 50% of the babies are reported to become hypothermic during transport, which further leads to morbidity and mortality in new born children.
- Kangaroo Mother Care is a great way to prevent hypothermia at home.
- Neowarm can save lives by providing warmth during transport without expensive transport warmers.
After thorough testing of the blanket, using high precision test systems in the laboratory, Parisodhana team established the contact surface temperature to be at 37°C ± 1 for up to 8 hours. Inventors of NeoWarm® are currently working with multiple government and private facilities in the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Telangana (India) for trials with NeoWarm®.
For keeping hypothermic and pre-term neonates in thermoneutral temperature during transport or in the facility.
NeoWarm regular and large are two variants available.
Mode of Action
Air activated (Exposure of the heating element to air).
The heating element can be disposed of safely with dry waste.
Easy to Use
Soft Insulating Fabric
Up to 8 hours
Mission to #SupportMillionPreemies
- As part of this mission, Parisodhana plans to support at least 3000 preemies by March 2020.
- For INR 4999 NeoWarm® blanket will be provided to a needy Neonate at one of the collaborating institutes (remote health centres).
- Most of the parents of premature babies, can not afford the cost given their financial situation.
- The cost includes logistics, training and ensuring that the blanket is used appropriately under the supervision of our team.
- Details of the neonate supported will be shared with the buyer of NeoWarm.
- Subject to consent, from the parents/birth companion, picture of the neonate will also be shared with the buyer of NeoWarm.
- Enable Parishodhana in supporting 1000 new born children per day in the next 3 years in line with the vision to support Million Preemies.
What People are Saying?
Dr. Harshad Vaidya
Alka Multispecialty Hospital, Kheralu, Gujarat, India
Glimpse of NeoWarm
Public Health Specialist Dr. Srilatha (right) and Ruth (left), while transporting a neonate, wrapped in NeoWarm, along with her mother and support staff at Niloufer Hospital, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Parisodhana’s Phani Ram and Vyas accompanied by OT Staff at district hospital, Churachandpur, Manipur with a just born supported with NeoWarm.
Ms. Bhanu Priya (left) A female entrepreneur collaborating with Parisodhana in the State of Telangana with her colleague and Parisodhana team.
Parisodhana co-founder Dr. Satya with Geetaben – a neonatal nurse at Alka Multispecialty Hospital, Kheralu, Gujarat with the very FIRST Neonate Supported by NeoWarm.
Ms. Aruna (middle), A female entrepreneur collaborating with Parisodhana in the State of Andhra Pradesh with her team and Parisodhana co-founder, Dr. Satya
Dr. Ajay Karakoti (Co-founder, Parisodhana), Dr. Himabindu Singh (HoD, Neonatology, Niloufer Hospital, Hyderabad, Telangana, India), Dr. Alimelu (Professor, Neonatology, Niloufer Hospital, Hyderabad, Telangana, India) with Dr. Satya (Co-founder, Parisodhana).
Parisodhana Team with Department of Gynaecology, Neonatology teams including professors, nurses and postgraduates at Niloufer Hospital, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
The Institutional Ethical
Clearance certificate issued by Central Drugs Standard Control Organization, New Delhi, India for NeoWarm confirming that NeoWarm is not a regulated device on September 24, 2019
Completion of Phase 1 Observational Study
Certificate of completion for Phase 1(30 neonates) of observational study and formal consent for initiating Phase 2 (70 neonates) study with NeoWarm at Institute for Child Health, Niloufer Hospital for Women and Children, Osmania Medical College, Govt. of Telangana, India
Letter of Confidence from Alka Multispecialty Hospital
Dr. Harshad Vaidya’s letter confirming the satisfactory completion of supporting 50 neonates with NeoWarm at Alka Multispecialty Hospital, Kheralu, Gujarat, India